How can I find housing in Nijmegen?
There are several places you can look for housing in Nijmegen. You should first try with SSHN, a non-profit organization that provides cheap student housing in Nijmegen in cooperation with Radboud University and the HAN. You first need to create an account, and then you can apply for up to two rooms every week - some of them even have priority for first years! If you prefer to look for private housing, you could also try looking at kamernet.nl, kbsvastgoedbeheer.nl, paraius.nl, or on Facebook by searching ‘Kamer Nijmegen’. You should expect to pay 250-500 euros a month for an average sized room. If you are an EU citizen, you could also try looking in the border towns such as Kranenburg in Germany, which has bus connections to Nijmegen and rent tends to be cheaper (note that due to visa requirements living in Germany is unfortunately not possible for non-EU citizens).
One of the most important steps you need to take before you move to Nijmegen is to find a place to life in for your stay in The Netherlands. As an international student it could be difficult to find an accommodation. But don’t worry! Here you can find some information to make your search for a student room a little easier!
Some tips for finding a room in Nijmegen:
- Take a look at this website from Radboud International Students (RIS). On their website you can find all the information about student housing in Nijmegen.
- Tell everybody you know that you are looking for a room in Nijmegen. The more people that know, the better!
- Be in time with searching for a room, don’t wait till the last few weeks before your move to Nijmegen.
- Check Housinganywhere.com.
- Check the Facebook pages Kamer te huur in Nijmegen and Kamersite, voor het gratis posten en reageren op kamers in NIJMEGEN. These Facebook pages function as an online market place for (sub)renting rooms.